What is ISO 20000?
ISO 20000 is the first ever international standard for IT service management. Its main focus is continual improvement of IT services. The standard works by setting benchmarks for companies based on evidence. Achieving these benchmarks proves that a company is capable of consistent excellence. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services. Achievement ISO 20000 certification shows an organizations dedication to an advanced IT Service Management approach.
Who can use ISO 20000 Certification?
- Organizations seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled.
- Organizations that require a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- Service providers which intend to demonstrate their capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services.
- Service providers who monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services.
- Any IT service organization that wishes to demonstrate an advanced IT service management approach.
Benefits to ISO 20000 Certification
Becoming an ISO 20000 certified organization provides some clear benefits, including:
- Enhanced Credibility – Inspire customer confidence through continual improvement of IT services.
- Competitive Advantage – Allowing access to markets that may require ISO 20000 compliance.
- Decrease in long term risk.